Built-In Productivity & Performance
Harness Intel® technologies and build applications that scale for the future with optimized code that runs faster than ever.
Available as part of Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio
A Tradition of Trusted Application Performance
With the Intel® C++ Compiler, you can create code that takes advantage of more cores and built-in technologies in platforms based on Intel® processors. Compile and generate applications for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*. Your applications perform optimally with broad support for current and previous standards. This compiler integrates seamlessly with popular third-party compilers, development environments, and operating systems.
Incorporate this key software development tool (one of many available in the Intel Parallel Studio XE and Intel System Studio suites) to speed HPC, embedded, and system applications. Improve application performance through:
- Advanced optimization, Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) vectorization, and loop and memory transformations
- Integration with Intel® Performance Libraries
- Using the latest OpenMP* parallel programming models
The compiler plugs into integrated development environments (IDEs) such as Microsoft Visual Studio*, Eclipse*, Xcode*, and Android Studio*. It's source and binary compatible with the Microsoft Visual C++* compiler on Windows* and the GNU compiler* on Linux*, macOS*, and Android*. Using this compiler enables you to:
- Develop optimized and vectorized code for various Intel® architectures, including Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Core™, and Intel Atom® processors
- Leverage the latest language and OpenMP standards
- Use compatibility with leading third-party compilers
- Analyze and optimize performance with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier
- Memory management improvements that reduce application compile time without sacrificing runtime performance
- Full OpenMP 4.5 support and initial OpenMP 5.0 support
- Support for a user-defined induction of OpenMP parallel pragmas and an exclusive scan for SIMD
- Full C++11, C++14, and initial C++17 support
- SIMD Data Layout Template (SDLT) library to vectorize your standard C++ array-of-structure code
- Virtual function vectorization to boost performance of your object-oriented C++ code
- Improvements to lambda and constant expression support
- Enhanced compatibility with newer versions of GNU C++* and Microsoft Visual C++* compilers
For more new features, see the Release Notes.
Get the Compiler
Deliver industry-leading C and C++ code performance and leverage features in the latest Intel® processors.
Boost Applications, Systems, & IoT Performance
- Incorporate Intel® C++ Compiler optimizations into your development cycle to leverage advanced processor features that benefit applications.
- Accelerate your code (including Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 instructions) with multiple cores and wider vector registers.
- Access broad support for C and C++ standards (through C++17).
Key Features Overview
Drop-In Addition for C and C++ Development
- Develop, build, debug, and run code from the Microsoft Visual Studio* IDE (2013, 2015, 2017)
- Source and binary compatible with Microsoft Visual C++*
- Project and source files in Visual Studio
- C and C++ text editor
- C and C++ code debugging
- Call stack information
- Set breakpoints at certain source lines on the IDE
- Eclipse* IDE interface or a command line for developing, building, debugging, and running code
- Source and binary compatible with the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)*
- Project and source files in Eclipse
- Project properties (used for selecting the compiler diagnostics)
- Output window
- Develop, build, debug, and run from an Xcode* IDE
- Source and binary compatible with LLVM for GNC Compiler Collection (GCC)* and Clang* tool chains
- Source code window in Xcode
- Overview of the application to debug
- Debug of variables and registers
- Output window
- File detail windows