The Fastest and Most-Used
Math Library for Intel®-Based Systems1
Accelerate math processing routines, increase application performance,
and reduce development time. This ready-to-use math library includes:
Linear Algebra | Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT) | Vector Statistics & Data Fitting | Vector Math & Miscellaneous Solvers
One Solution for Multiple Environments
Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel®
MKL) optimizes code with minimal effort for future generations of Intel®
processors. It is compatible with your choice of compilers, languages,
operating systems, and linking and threading models.
- Features highly optimized, threaded, and vectorized math functions that maximize performance on each processor family
- Uses industry-standard C and
Fortran APIs for compatibility with popular BLAS, LAPACK, and FFTW
functions—no code changes required
- Dispatches optimized code for each processor automatically without the need to branch code
- Provides Priority Support that connects you directly to Intel engineers for confidential answers to technical questions
What's New in version 2020
- Improved BLAS performance for iGEMM and SGEMM
- Improved BLAS GEMM and SGEMM accuracy
- Added new ScaLAPACK eigenvectors functions on a real upper quasi-triangular matrix
- Introduced a random number generator SkipAhead method
- Improved performance for the ARS-5 random number generator
- Improved statistic performance for sums, variance-covariance, correlation, and cross-product matrixes
- Introduced module file support
Connect to the developer community and our technical experts through this public forum.
All paid versions of Intel® Software
Development Products automatically include Priority Support for one year
from your date of purchase. Get direct access to our technical experts
when you purchase Intel MKL bundled with Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® System Studio. Alternatively, get direct access to our technical experts when you renew existing paid license support.
Intel® Xeon® processor
Intel® Core™ processor family
Intel Atom® processor
Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor
Supported Integrated Development Environments
Microsoft Visual Studio* (Windows)
Eclipse* (Linux and macOS)
C, C++, and Fortran development (native support)
Python* through Intel® Distribution for Python* (optimizes standard
Python libraries that include NumPy, numexpr, SciPy, and scikit-learn*)
Cloudera delivers huge performance speedups for Apache Spark MLlib users through integration with Intel MKL.
Puss in Boots from DreamWorks Animation* uses Intel MKL to help create dazzling special effects.
Boost parallel scalability and build a solid foundation for supporting offload acceleration for an Intel® Xeon PhiT coprocessor.