Innovate and optimize enterprise-grade video
delivery and cloud graphics applications and solutions for data center,
cloud, and network usages.
- Deliver fast, high-quality real-time video transcoding in
broadcasting, over-the-top (OTT) live and video on demand (VOD), and in
cloud gaming and remote desktop solutions.
- Access hardware accelerated codecs and programmable graphics on the latest Intel® processors.
- Speed the transition to higher frame rates and resolutions.
- Reduce infrastructure and development costs.
- Optimize solutions with advanced performance and quality analyzers.
Data Center, Cloud, and Network Media Solutions
Use this comprehensive software development tool suite for
transcoding, live and over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting and streaming,
cloud gaming, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and video
Created with simplicity in mind, Intel Media Server Studio provides
state-of-the-art components and features for tailoring visual quality
versus performance. These components include Intel® Media SDK, Intel®
SDK for OpenCL™ applications, runtimes, graphics drivers, and advanced
analysis tools. These capabilities allow developers to achieve real-time
4K at 60 fps HEVC decode and encode, and up to 18 AVC full HD at 30 fps
transcoding sessions on select SKUs for Intel® Xeon® and 6th generation
Intel® Core™ processors.1
Get the Linux* Community Edition for Free
See what's new in the 2018 release (R1).
If you are developing on Microsoft Windows* platforms, see the Intel Media SDK and download the free version.
To integrate computer vision and deep learning inference, download the Intel® Computer Vision SDK.
Intel® Media Server Studio Editions
- Community - Access hardware-accelerated codecs and programmable graphics on Intel processors1 through the Intel Media SDK, runtimes, graphics drivers, Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ applications, and more.
- Essentials - Includes the Community edition with Priority Support, with direct, private access to our media technical experts.
- Professional - Includes the Essentials edition,
plus HEVC codec components and audio codecs, Intel® VTune™ Performance
Analyzer, Video Quality Caliper stream quality analyzer, and more.
What's New in Intel® Media Server Studio 2018
Download Free Community Edition
Just released, Intel updated its media software development tools, Intel® Media Server Studio, and Intel® Media SDK 2018 versions, which
are used to optimize video solutions from camera to cloud. With these
tools, media developers and video solution providers can speed video
transcoding and streaming (live, OTT and VOD), cloud graphics and
gaming, video conferencing, and video/image processing in their
applications for key usages (as shown in the image above). The tools
also provide access to hardware-accelerated codecs and Intel® Quick Sync
Video to unlock the full power of Intel® processor-based platforms.
New features in this release help developers increase video performance and quality for AVC and HEVC transcoding. See below for what’s new in Intel® Media Server Studio 2018 for Linux*.
Windows developers are now encouraged to use the new Intel Media SDK
2018 for Windows, which had significant new features added including the
performance and quality analyzers and HEVC codec now for FREE
(previously those features were available via paid licenses). More
New Features in Intel Media Server Studio for Linux
Top new features in this comprehensive tool suite includes:
- Enhances AVC compression efficiency and video quality features
- Improves HEVC encode video quality and CPU performance for multiple media sessions running simultaneously
- Expands API parametoers for more control over the codecs
- Increases performance significantly for Sessions Joining API
- Supports CentOS* 7.4 - providing new features, security updates
More Technical Details
- Enhanced FEI capabilities
- Inproved video quality with fade in/fade out by applying
multiplicative weighting factor and an additive offset to the motion
- Enabled the interlaced content encoding for HEVC
- Enabled the number of repack passes report for H.264 to help bitrate control tuning
- Added P/I field encoding (first field as P field, second field as I field) to improve quality
- Enabled setting the NALU type for HEVC encoder order mode, which helps HEVC interlace encoding
VPP Deinterlacer to handle content that alternates between
Progressive/Interlaced frame, Top Field First (TFF) and Bottom Field
Download Free Community Edition
Quality Analysis Tools, HEVC Codec Now Free in Intel® Media SDK for Windows
this 2018 update, the features and capabilities for Windows
applications in the previous Intel Media Server Studio 2017 version are
now merged into the Intel Media SDK for Windows, with significant
enhancements for 2018. This is a huge benefit for these users, as many
features such as the performance and quality analyzers (Intel® VTune
Analyzer and Video Quality Caliper) and HEVC codec, were previously
available only via paid licenses and are now offered for FREE. Windows
application developers are encouraged to download and use the new free
Intel Media SDK 2018 for Windows to take full advantage of these
Download FREE Intel Media SDK for Windows
What's New in Intel Media SDK 2018 for Windows
Related Article: Accelerating Media, Video & Vision Solutions: Which Tool Do I Use?
What's New in Intel® Media SDK 2018