Solutions for students from elementary to graduate school
Did you know that for less than the price of a textbook you can utilize the same technology on your personal computer as engineers, economists, scientists, mathematicians, and educators worldwide?
Mathematica Student Edition has all the functionality and versatility of Mathematica but at a fraction of the cost, making it the perfect software to give you the edge in your educational and professional pursuits.
The Mathematica Edge
Mathematica Student Edition is a great investment
because it will grow with you, and you can use it throughout your
student and professional career.
- Get better grades
Mathematica can help you master concepts, so you'll do
better in school (and after graduation).
- Save money
You can use Mathematica for a variety of courses,
homework assignments, and projects without needing to buy specialized
software for each task.
- Save time
Mathematica requires no time investment to learn, so
you can start using it immediately.
- Get prepared for your future
Using Mathematica means you'll be learning a software
that is used by Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, research
labs, and universities worldwide.
Calculate & Analyze
Mathematica Student Edition covers many application
areas, making it perfect for use in a variety of different classes.
Tackle any type of problem—numeric or symbolic, theoretical or
experimental, large-scale or small. And the free-form linguistic input
gets you started instantly, without any knowledge of syntax.
- Explore formulas, solve equations, and prove theorems
- Analyze mathematical functions and complex numbers
- Tackle linear and nonlinear optimization problems
- Solve integrals and differential equations
- Import your data or our load-on-demand curated data
- Analyze datasets of almost unlimited size with a variety of
statistics operations and probability distributions
- Operate on matrices, strings, and data arrays
- Pre- and post-process image and signal data
Learn & Explore
With Mathematica Student Edition, everything can be
interactive. Easily create your own models—complete with intuitive
controls to instantly change values—with a single command. Whether you
need help understanding concepts introduced in your classes or want to
create models for a research project, Mathematica can help.
- Investigate phenomena that can't be fully explored with
- Explore changes to text, functions, formulas, matrices,
graphics, tables, or data
- Illuminate concepts in math, science, technology, art,
finance, and other fields
- Create simulations to test hypotheses
- Download and customize interactive, open-code models from
Visualize & Illustrate
From simple line graphs to elegant 3D models, Mathematica's
powerful graphics functions let you visualize mathematical functions
and surfaces, scientific data, and specialized objects, all with
automated aesthetics that make sure you get accurate and appropriate
- Visualize data to discover underlying patterns
- Create static or dynamic representations of arbitrarily
large structured and unstructured datasets
- Visualize large, complex, and irregularly sampled data
- Generate 2D or 3D histograms and charts, scatter and line
plots, contour and density plots, steam and vector fields, and graph and
- Analyze and render geometrical structures
- Rotate or zoom into 3D images in real time to better explore
areas of interest
Document & Publish
Mathematica's customizable documents, called
notebooks, allow you to combine notes, typeset equations, graphics,
computations, and dynamic models. Now there's no need to jump between
different programs to get your assignments and projects done.
- Easily customize the style and format of your documents
- Include fully evaluatable, publication-quality typeset
formulas and mathematical notation in your notebooks
- Add citations, titles, sections, lists, and more
- Turn documents into interactive slide shows, with fully
editable and interactive content
- Submit work to your instructor as cross-platform notebooks,
professional-quality printouts, PDFs, web pages, and more
- Export documents as TeX and LaTeX for publication
you've reaped the benefits of using Mathematica for your schoolwork, we know you'll want to keep using
the software in your career.
is why we offer new graduates, or their employers, the
chance to upgrade from Mathematica Student Edition to the latest version of Mathematica Standard -- with
one year of Premier Service included -- at a large
unique opportunity is for recent degree earners only
and is valid for one year after graduation.